From this book, you’d learn…
1. insightful works written by literary writers, helping us to reflect on what and how we should do to make our lives more meaningful and worthy; and,
2. the use of good and appropriate English.
In this book, you'll have enough practice on reading English through well-designed exercises:
– ‘Summary Cloze’
You'll also learn to write good English, by acquiring more grammatical knowledge:
– Participles and Noun Clause;
– the Use of Various Prepositions and Prepositional Phrases;
– Adverbial Phrase
– English Usage, Expressions and Patterns in Different Context.
This book is helpful to those who are:
1. students with strong aspiration for good results in English; or,
2. you, who are interested in English but find no way to enhance your capabilities for it.
When using this book properly, you’ll find your reading and writing skills in English improved, your confidence in using English boosted, and your scare of English cleared away.
Mark Lai King Lau
Mark had been working in the educational field for nearly forty years before his retirement. In his teaching career, he had been the head of English Department in a government aided College. He got his two Master’s Degrees in The University of Nottingham (UK) and The University of Sheffield (UK) respectively, apart from his membership of Institute of Linguists and the other academic credentials earned in mid-90s and -80s. In addition, Mark had been a Teaching Practice Coordinator and Teacher-Mentor in the scheme of ‘School-University Partnership’ held by Hong Kong University from 2004 till 2009. In addition, he had been a volunteer English trainer for English teachers in the western rural areas of China, such as HoLin Xian of Inner Mongolia, Dingxi normal specialized postsecondary college in Gansu, Beichuan High School, etc. for more than ten years.
終生從事教育工作。英國格洛斯特大學 (Gloucestershire University) 榮譽文學士，英國特許語言學會會員 (MCIL)，英國雪斐爾大學 (The University of Sheffield) 及洛丁漢大學 (The University of Nottingham) 碩士。多年於專上學院任教哲學，課程包括「哲學概論」、「孟子至大至剛之人生哲學」、「莊子之逍遙人生哲學」、「老子之虛一而靜、無為而為之人生哲學」、 「宗教哲學──上帝之至善與人性之陷墮」等。著有《道論──通論孔‧孟‧老‧莊‧佛陀‧基督之道》一書。