WORD POWER Made Easy series
The Most Effective Handbooks for Building a Superior Vocabulary
The Word Power Made Easy
series is designed to give readers the most effective method for building their vocabulary. It presents the essential core of words that students at secondary schools must know and be able to use fluently for academic success. The 2,000+ words and phrases presented in four books altogether constitute an essential vocabulary for ESL students and test-takers, as well as others who speak English as their second language.
- Each book contains 500+ English terms presented in a series of brief word-building units.
- Each unit introduces 10 to 15 synonyms explained in simple language and example sentences.
- Difficult entries are accompanied by phonetic translation.
- Pre-reading quizzes and post-reading activities help you put your words into practice and measure your word-building progress.
- An indispensable tool for you to prepare for standardized tests, including the SAT, ESL, TOEFL and TOEIC.
舉例說，在這冊《特定動作篇》中，要表示贊同、同意，你第一時間想到的是否「agree」？其實nod、share one’s view、go along with、embrace，甚至You can say that again!都可以表示你認同別人的意見。因應不同情況運用不同的表達方式，既能更貼切地表現你的情緒反應，又能展示你的英語能力！
Aman Chiu is a winner of the Hong Kong Publishing Biennial Awards as well as the Hong Kong Youth Literary Awards. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in translation and three Masters’ degrees in language studies, education, and Buddhism respectively. With over 20 years of experience as an English language educator, Aman has authored over 200 books for students of all ages and levels, from very young children to adults. His activities are documented by an extensive publication record of ELT course books, learners' dictionaries, supplementary materials, language study aids, story books and exam papers. The books that he developed are widely used in Chinese-speaking regions including Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore and China. His best-selling titles include New Magic Listening and Speaking (OUP), Longman Illustrated Children’s English-Chinese Dictionary (Pearson) and most recently 美國家庭天天說的親子英語 (Sunya).